Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Purple Promise Purse

My Dearest DD,

Just as you are my pink girlie girl, your mother is my purple princess. The purse I am working on I have dedicated to her as she has been my most ferocious cheerleader. The purse is constructed from reclaimed yarn that I began making while sitting in my car waiting for your Uncle Steven to get out of driver's ed class. I almost finished the sweater but stopped because I was disappointed that I had made it so large. Oh, the sweater would have fit me alright. I hid the sweater and started working very hard to lose weight. I did too, a whopping 150 pounds. Your mother was my inspiration and my champion. When I get discouraged she always threatens to dig up old photos to remind me of what I was and what I can do.

 I believe that this is also the same color of purple that you call "Grandma Purple".

 
  
 I still need to line the purse. I hope to have it completed before your visit.

With all of my heart, Goodie

No comments:

Post a Comment